Recent Posts

Friday, February 8, 2013

All you need is....

The one thing I was really looking forward to once we started having babies was celebrating, and especially decorating for, the holidays. I love marking the passing of the year by taking time to recognize the next approaching holiday. I love the anticipation waiting for the day to come and reflecting on it's meaning...whatever the holiday may be. I was somewhat overwhelmed with being a new mommy to Kate this last fall, so I felt like the "big 3" or Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas sort of flew by without a ton of special attention. I was just trying to keep my head above water, not focused on hanging garland (although we managed to do some killer outdoor lighting)! 

Now that things have calmed a bit and we are in full swing with our routine, I was able to put up some (modest) Valentines Day decor. As you may, or may not know, the 4th of July happens to be my all time favorite holiday, and my wedding anniversary, but Valentines Day is starting to get a toe hold in there as being one of my top picks as well. I'm not really crafty, but I thought a few little touches here and there would really get us in the spirit of l-o-v-e. It's amazing what a few bucks spent at Target and some imagination will get you!





I also started a new tradition of putting quick little love letters in mini mailboxes for Kate and the husband every morning the week leading up to Valentines Day. It's been a fun, cheap, and easy way to let my little family know how much I love them...and I really really love them :)


So, here's to love...and family...and mushiness. To quote Harry Goldenblatt, "I'm a big pile of love today."

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment